Liability for Content
We make every effort to keep the information on our Web site current, but accept no liability whatsoever for the content provided. Pursuant to §7 par. 1 of TMG (German Tele-Media Act), the law limits our responsibility as a service provider to our own content on these Web pages.
According to §§8 to 10 of TMG, we are not obligated to monitor third party information provided or stored on our Web site. However, we shall promptly remove any content upon becoming aware that it violates the law. Our liability in such an instance shall commence at the time we become aware of the respective violation.
Liability for Links
Our site contains links to third-party Web sites. We have no influence whatsoever on the information on these Web sites and accept no guaranty for its correctness. The content of such third-party sites is the responsibility of the respective owners/providers.
At the time third-party Web sites were linked to ours, we found NO GROUNDS WHATSOEVER of any likely contravention of the law. We shall promptly delete a link upon becoming aware that it violates the law.
The content and works provided on these Web pages are governed by the copyright laws of Germany. Duplication, processing, distribution, or any form of commercialization of such material beyond the scope of the copyright law shall require the prior written consent of its respective author or creator.
Responsible body in the sense of the data protection laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is:
Galerie Sfeir-Semler, Mrs. Andrée Sfeir-Semler, Hamburg
Personal data we collect
Your contact details are only added to our mailing list on request and we have received your contact information directly from yourself in one of the following ways:
- meeting you in person in one of our galleries, at an art fair?or any other occasion
- your contact details were written by you in our guestbook at one of our galleries?
- we received an email request from you to be added to our mailing list
When you contact us or we contact you, we may collect:
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on and the links that you then visit on our website
- Details of such correspondence
You can always exercise the following rights:
- Information about your stored data and their processing,
- correction of incorrect personal data,
- deletion of your stored data,
- Restriction of data processing, if we are not yet allowed to delete your data due to legal obligations,
- Objection to the processing of your data with us and
- Data portability, if you have consented to the data processing or have concluded a contract with us. You can withdraw them at any time with effect for the future
How we use your personal data
We collect, store and process your personal data to improve your experience with the gallery and provide the goods and services you require.
Uses made of the information we collect:
- To provide you with the information that you have requested from us (including receipt of marketing emails or other information:
- To respond to queries raised by you
- To carry out obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us
- To comply with legal obligations or for the protection and enforcement of legal rights; and
- In connection with any sale of our business or assets
Contact and interaction with you
If you sign up to our newsletter, you are giving us permission to store data about you and interact with you to provide the information you requested. Contact can take place over the phone, email, by post or through social media.
To unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails or mail please contact us to be removed from ALL correspondence from the gallery following instructions below.
Sharing personal data
We will never sell or trade your personal data to outside parties. This does not include information sharing with any associated companies or service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Cookies and similar technologies
your browser. Please use the help features of your internet browser to find out how to change these settings. Please note that somefeatures of our website may not work if you have disabled
How we protect your data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information:
- We use computer firewalls and physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data
- All communications between your browser and our website are encrypted
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to the website or to us by email. Once we have received your information, we will store it in electronic and physical records maintained by us and use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Use of Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps API to visually display geographic information. When using Google Maps, Google also collects, processes and uses data about the use of map features by visitors.
For more information about Google's data processing, please refer to the Google Privacy Notice.
There you can also change your personal privacy settings in the privacy center.
How to contact us
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25 May 2018, you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. If you would like to receive the personal data we hold about you, or if you believe it to be incorrect, please write to:
Sfeir-Semler Gallery, Hamburg/Beirut
Mrs. Andrée Sfeir-Semler
You can also email us at email@example.com or call us on +49-40-37 51 99 40.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates.
This Website was produced by Internet Agency Nerdline Media Solutions from Berlin & Potsdam.